Wednesday, April 20, 2011

"Mini Cake" - 4/11

This was made for a newly married couple, as a mini "post-wedding" cake of sorts.  I was not able to do the couple's wedding cake, but the bride's mother still wanted me to make a smaller one to have waiting for the couple when they arrived at their new home. 

The cake is chocolate with chocolate fudge filling, covered in fondant.  I used the quilting technique for the bottom tier and I had originally planned on doing a stencil on the top tier, but it ended up being too short, so I just did some scroll work.  The topper is made to look like a blue hydrangea flower, using a rounded piece of RKT, covering it with fondant and tiny blue blossoms.  I was happy to learn that the bride was carrying a bouquet of blue hydrangeas down the aisle!




No comments:

Post a Comment