Sunday, September 26, 2010

"Bushel of Apples" - 9/10

After some inspiration from one of my "cake friends" and a class at Sweet Wise on flavor profiling I wanted to try to do a caramel apple-type theme for a cake.  I found a great recipe for an apple cake and a yummy caramel icing recipe for the filling...now I just had to figure out how to decorate it.  So going along with the fall/apple theme, I decided on doing a bushel of apples.

The cake is an 8" round, four layer apple cake with caramel icing and crushed up Snickers candy bars for the filling.  It is covered with vanilla buttercream with all fondant decorations.  The apples are rice crispy treats covered in fondant.

Welcome fall!  






1 comment:

  1. Biz, I just want to say that this was SO DELICIOUS!!!!

    ~Salena

    ReplyDelete