Friday, September 17, 2010

HHC Company Cake - 9/10

I was asked to do this cake for the Home Health Care company that a friend of mine works for.  I was actually pretty nervous as it was my first "outside" cake order and it was going to be a HUGE cake--at least the biggest that I have ever done!  It was a double-layer, full sheet cake measuring 24" x 36".  Half of the cake was french vanilla w/ vanilla buttercream and the other half was devil's food w/ raspberry truffle filling, all covered in buttercream. 

There were only a few minor glitches in the planning stages but otherwise it went pretty smoothly.  Speaking of "smoothly"...I am still working on spreading my buttercream without leaving "spread lines"--I think I need to get one of those large pallet knives:/  Anyhow, the fondant logo turned out great--easier than I had anticipated.  Hope everyone liked it!



No comments:

Post a Comment