Friday, January 28, 2011

"Baseball Cake" - 1/11

I was asked to do a baseball themed birthday cake for a young man turning thirteen, so with free rein of the design, I wrestled with several different options for a cake to serve about 12 people.  I had originally thought of doing just a square cake covered in grass with a large baseball on the top, but I wanted to do something a little more challenging than that;)  After doing some baseball research, I found a great photo of Wrigley field and decided to try to replicate it.  It worked out great with the sheet cake size because I was able to fit the infield and outfield as well as the other elements.



I used the "Cake Boss'" vanilla cake recipe with vanilla buttercream icing colored green. The baseball field "dirt" is crushed graham crackers and brown sugar, the baseball is RKT covered in fondant, and the bat and glove are both fondant.






No comments:

Post a Comment