Monday, January 10, 2011

"Lily's 'Tangled' Tower Cake" - 1/11

After taking my daughter to see the movie "Tangled" back in December, she decided for sure that she wanted a "Tangled" theme cake for her birthday.  She was very specific that she wanted the tower with a waterfall and stream--and of course, Rapunzel:)  Even though we weren't planning a big party, I ended up making a 1/2 sheet cake just so that all the elements would fit!  The tower is made of ice cream cones and rice crispy treats, with fondant coverings and details and buttercream vines.  The trees are also ice cream cones (sugar cones) with piped royal icing for the branches.  For the waterfall and stream I used a sky blue buttercream, swirled with royal blue piping gel and sprinkled with white cake sparkles.  Rapunzel is a plastic figurine I purchase from Publix.  It was a large cake, but my daughter was thrilled-- she absolutely loved it and I loved making it for her:)






14 comments:

  1. What a wonderful cake! An inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, thas wondelfull

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you create the hills on the cake?

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are made of 8" round cakes carved into hill shapes. Thanks for looking:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is my favorite Tangled cake that I've seen! It is just beautiful! I was wondering how you construct the tower? What (if any) supports did you use?
    My daughters birthday is coming up pretty quick and this would be the PERFECT cake for her party.
    Again this is just fantastic! Thank you for any help you can give!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nevermind about me asking for help before. I found that you gave a TON of instructions on another site! No need for you to have to repeat it all lol! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please share the site with the "TON of instructions". This cake is amazing and I would like to try making it for my 4 year old's birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you:D For anyone wanting instructions, I have listed several directions and tips on my photo posted on cakecentral.com. Here is the link if you are interested: http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1910871

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic! My granddaughter wants a tangled tower cake and was looking for inspiration when I found these picture. Am definitely inspired!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing detail! Your daughter will always remember her birthday cakes, how special!

    ReplyDelete
  11. inspired! my daughter turns 3 on the 27th but we will be celebrating the 24th and daddy will be making her cake again this year. tangled cake as well. she will be able to remember this cake and day for a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Your Cake Austin Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can you please explain to me how to do the roof and middle part?

    ReplyDelete
  14. that cake central link didn't have instructions. where else might I find them?

    ReplyDelete