Monday, August 6, 2012

"Red, White and Blue Wedding" - 7/12

Here is my first 4-tiered cake that I made for my Pastor's son and his new bride for their red, white and blue themed wedding.  They wanted a very simple, all buttercream cake with some fondant roses on the top.  The top two tiers were red velvet cake with cream cheese icing and the bottom two were chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream. 

For my first 4-tiered *buttercream* cake, I was just thrilled that it was still standing by the end of the ceremony!  After a long, sleepless night, awaken by dreams of stacking this cake, the next afternoon I was actually able to enjoy a piece! lol  At the reception, I also received many compliments of how good and moist it tasted!  One of my friends even said that the chocolate cake tasted like an Oreo:)






No comments:

Post a Comment